As national head of MinterEllison’s Climate Change and Renewables practice, I have been involved in several Australian-first emissions reduction projects. I have also advised governments on energy policy and legislation.
My experience includes conventional coal and gas resources, as well as newer renewables, embedded generation technologies and demand-side management projects.
With a background in both legal and corporate roles, I bring a deep industry knowledge and strategic focus to my work.
- Appointed by the Queensland Government to its independent Renewable Energy Expert Panel to advise the government on strategies to achieve its 50 per cent renewable energy target
- Appointed as non-executive director of Stanwell Corporation Limited, a diversified energy business with annual trading revenues in excess of $2 billion
- Australian Greenhouse Office – advised on developing new laws to regulate geological carbon capture and storage
- Adviser on commercial and regulatory matters to major corporations Rio Tinto, AGL, Pacific Aluminium, QGC, Springfield Land Corporation, Yahua Group
- Recognised by clients and peers as 2016 Queensland Climate Change Lawyer of the Year (Best Lawyers Australia).
- Awarded 2013 Best Lawyer in Energy and Resources at Euromoney’s Australasia Women in Business Law Awards
- Recognised as a leading energy, resources and utilities lawyer in the Chambers Asia-Pacific and Chambers Global guides since 2014
- Recognised in Best Lawyers Australia Guides: Energy and Climate Change since 2011, and Oil and Gas since 2012
New energy and emissions reduction
- OneSun Solar Farm – advised an international private equity investor on the proposed acquisition of the ACT solar farm
- SolarQ – lead lawyer on the development of Australia’s largest solar farm and battery storage project, located near Gympie
- Rio Tinto – advised on the development of its Weipa solar farm
- Springfield Land Corporation – developed a template for the roll-out of embedded generation projects in commercial and retail precincts
- Solar panel supplier – advising on a joint venture with a major energy retailer to offer home energy management solutions
- Queensland-based agribusiness company – lead lawyer on the establishment of a pioneering carbon farming business in Queensland
- Rio Tinto Aluminium – negotiated long and short-term contracts for the purchase of energy for its Australian aluminium smelters, and related security of supply, transmission and demand-side management strategies
- Orora Limited – assisted with gas purchase arrangements to underwrite the development of the Strike Energy Cooper Basin Coal Seam Gas Project
- Large energy industry clients – counselled on electricity hedging and financial services licensing requirements
- Japanese utility company - lead lawyer on its proposed acquisition of an interest in a Queensland CSG-to-LNG project
- Queensland Treasury – advised on the proposed sale of the Queensland electricity network businesses