This work has given me a full understanding of the competing priorities of commercial and government clients. I am dedicated to addressing each client’s priorities, and protecting personal and corporate reputations.
I regularly conduct proceedings before the Federal Court of Australia, the High Court of Australia, state Supreme Courts, and other courts and tribunals. In doing so, I collaborate seamlessly with other advisers, achieving client priorities within time parameters and budgets.
- Home Insulation Program – resolved $400M in class action claims brought by commercial entities involved in the program
- Hewlett Packard - advised regarding Commonwealth sensitive data outages
- 'Super trawler' - acted for the regulator regarding the MV Abel Tasman matter. Assisted the Department of Environment regarding the EPBC Federal Court matter.
- Representing Elders, AAco, CPC and other industry members in the ‘Live Trade to Indonesia’ class action
- Department of Defence – helped reduce risk during the introduction of the F-35A Joint Strike Fighter Program, including EPBC and environmental concerns
- Commonwealth Government – advised on various import risk analyses, including the import of apples from New Zealand and China, and in a $4.7 billion financial controversy involving the Telstra and Australia Post superannuation schemes
- Airservices Australia and other Commonwealth Government departments – advised on aircraft noise matters, representing Airservices Australia in four successful Federal Court cases