As the former managing partner of MinterEllison’s Ulaanbaatar office in Mongolia, I built a team of lawyers dedicated to helping foreign clients acquire mining tenements and develop their mines.
I enjoy working with my clients to help them achieve their objectives, and I am widely recognised for my responsive and flexible service.
Energy and resources
- Rio Tinto – advised on the Oyu Tolgoi copper–gold mine, including power and business operations, and played an integral role in concluding the client’s cooperation arrangements with the Mongolian Government and neighbouring communities
- Senvion; Vestas; Ferrostaal; UGL– advised on proposed wind farm projects in Australia and Mongolia
- KEPCO – counselled on mining operations for the Bylong Coal Project
- Australia LNG – advised Woodside, Shell, BP, BHP, Chevron, Mitsui and Mitsubishi on their $25billion supply of LNG to China
- Advised developers, financiers and contractors on the structuring and development of coal-fired power plants in Australia, Thailand, Mongolia and China
- Transport for NSW – helped conclude the client’s arrangements with third parties for the Newcastle Light Rail project, including Ausgrid, Hunter Water Corporation and the Newcastle City Council
- Helped governments bring public–private partnership (PPP) projects to market, including the NSW Government’s New Grafton Correctional Centre PPP and the Victorian Government’s EastLink project
- Advised Las Vegas Sands on the development of the Cotai Strip integrated resorts and casinos in Macau
- Advising Bouygues on Hong Kong's first PPP project, the International Exhibition Centre, and the Sky City Marriott Hotel
- AMP – advised on the Quay Quarter Tower development