I handle cases that involve directors’ and officers’ duties and associations liability claims. I have acted in many multi-party, high-value and complex claims.
Previously, I headed the claims team in one of the UK’s largest professional indemnity underwriting agencies, where I developed an excellent understanding of underwriters’ approach to reserving and claims handling.
My aim is to always provide early and accurate reserve recommendations and take a proactive approach to settlement.
- Assisted architects, engineers and construction professionals with many claims involving design and construction issues, including in relation to the roof of a major sporting stadium, the gates of a dam, the mezzanine level of a church and the electrical switchboard of an abattoir
- Acted for accountants and solicitors in relation to issues arising from matters in which they provided advice, including complex transactions
- Advised insurance brokers and intermediaries in relation to claims about the scope of cover obtained for their clients
- Counselled financial advisers and intermediaries in response to claims about products sold and advice provided, particularly pursuant to the Financial Services Authority’s compulsory review requirements in the UK
- Worked with insurers on indemnity issues for a range of policies, including professional indemnity, management liability and associations liability
- Acted in claims against valuers involving commercial and residential properties
- Liaised with underwriters about policy wordings and endorsements
- Conducted risk assessments and produced risk management bulletins
- Developed claims handling protocols and systems
- Participated as a committee member of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group’s Queensland Chapter