At the functional level, I address mine operations issues affecting my clients, and also possess valuable experience drafting and advising on procurement agreements for the acquisition of large-scale mining equipment.
I am dedicated to providing timely, effective support, and being as available and approachable as possible to help clients achieve their goals.
- Anglo American; Peabody Energy; and Yancoal Australia – advised on the development and expansion of various coal mining projects in Queensland and New South Wales, primarily Anglo American’s Grosvenor, Dawson, Drayton and Moranbah North mines. This includes advising on sales and marketing arrangements, coal supply agreements and procurement contracts for large-scale equipment (including longwalls and conveyors)
- Duke Energy – assisted with pipeline construction contracts for the construction of the Tasmanian Natural Gas Pipeline
- Sun Metals – developed project management agreements and construction contracts for the development and construction of a zinc refinery in Townsville
- Rio Tinto – worked on the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract, technology agreements and related contracts for the Comalco Alumina Refinery development in Gladstone
- Boyne Island Aluminium Smelter – developed the EPC contracts required to expand the smelter
- Shell – was a key contributor in the sale of coal assets worldwide (including in Australia and Venezuela) including Shell’s coal-based power business in Queensland, over an 18-month period
- Assisted with project agreements as part of developing a coal-fired power station in central Queensland
- Helped clients develop and expand bauxite operations in north Queensland, including negotiating and advising on bauxite supply agreements