I work with leading Australian and global funds managers, financial institutions, advisers and trustees.
I provide strategic and technical advice to regulated entities on various licensing regimes, the duties of responsible entities, trustees and directors, outsourcing contracts, funds governance, member approvals and regulatory exemptions. My practical approach is sought after and highly commended.
I am a Director of the firm’s technology company Boardtrac Pty Ltd, and conceptualised and developed the award winning Boardtrac app with partners John Steven and Paul Kallenbach.
- Ascendas Singbridge – assisted with the acquisition of a $1.3 billion logistics property portfolio and funds formation
- MyState Limited – advised on the company's listing, initial public offer, the demutualisation of the credit union and other acquisitions
- MyLifeMyMoney Superannuation Fund – advised the superannuation fund on its acquisition of a 100% stake in authorised deposit taker Transcomm Credit Union
- Milliman and Sanlam Global Investment Solutions – advised on structuring and documented novel risk protection products
- Acted on Trustee appointments for hybrid and debt issuance securities, including the Commonwealth Bank of Australia PERLS VI and Colonial Group Subordinated Notes
- Virgin Australia Airlines – completed a regulatory workstream to establish the Velocity Rewards program trust
- Advised US, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore fund managers on their Australian licensing and regulatory governance for investment manager appointments
- Government Funds Management – advised on the establishment of a cash management trust for Victorian State bodies and authorities
- Ansett Australia Ground Staff Superannuation Plan Pty Ltd – advised the Plan trustee in landmark superannuation proceedings for the determination of member entitlements, regulatory governance, the winding down of self-insurance arrangements, and the trustee's role in the winding up of Ansett Airlines
- Hertz Australia - obtained harmonised regulatory exemption from Australian financial services laws applying to collision damage waiver excess products associated with rental arrangements
- I provide ongoing structure and governance advice to The Animal Welfare Foundation of Australia, a charitable foundation
- I helped establish the Marsh Foundation, a charitable foundation that provides overseas aid particularly in Bali, Indonesia through the distribution of medical equipment and related training services
- I helped establish The Long Walk, a charitable foundation inspired by Michael Long's trek to Canberra, that promotes leadership development for Indigenous leaders and raises awareness of Indigenous culture and people