We recognise the importance of corporate social responsibility and are committed to contributing to our community.
Since 2007, our Community Investment Committee, consisting of a passionate group of partners, associates and trainees, have led our office's community work.
For years, the committee and our staff have supported different charitable organisations and engaged in a variety of volunteering initiatives and fundraising events. In 2019, we were awarded the 'Caring Company Award' for the fifth consecutive year by the Hong Kong Council of Social Service for our community involvement.
Our employee giving programme, "MatchME", encourages staff to contribute towards designated local charities by matching donations from our staff dollar-for-dollar. Staff are also encouraged to participate in fundraising events and activities organised by, or in partnership, with these charities.
For example, we regularly participate in the following events and activities:
- We invite all students from a local school to take part in an annual Chinese New Year card design competition, where the winning design is used as our CNY greeting cards for clients. We also raise funds in a Food Drive as part of the school's Food Reward Programme which awards students who do well academically with gift packages.
- We offer work shadowing opportunities to underprivileged secondary school students so they can gain real-life work experience, working side by side with our partners, associates and support staff.
- We organise and participate in elderly home visits and support free meal or gift programmes to make a meaningful difference for senior citizens in need.
- We participate in Box of Hope – an annual charity project where our staff provide fun, useful and educational gifts to underprivileged children in Hong Kong and Asia.
- We participate in Movember – an annual event involving fundraising and growing moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men's health issues.
- We support awareness campaigns for breast health and participate in Dress Pink Day – one of our key events each year to raise awareness and show care for women touched by breast cancer.
In Hong Kong, we are committed to creating lasting impacts in our community, and will continue to build on our efforts to maximise the benefit for people in need.