I take pride in managing challenging litigated matters using a calm and strategic approach, contesting litigation in appropriate matters, and also achieving timely negotiated outcomes. I'm known for developing good working relationships with clients, courts, barristers, plaintiff solicitors and witnesses.
I enjoy dealing with complex technical insurance issues for clients, including experience drafting legislation and insurance contracts, and assisting with scheme management and tenders.
- Regularly acting in damages and compensation litigation in the Magistrates' Court, the County Court and the Supreme Court, including various causes and jury trials.
- Acting in judicial review applications in the Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal, for example, in Karabinis v Bendrups & Ors  VSC 648, followed by Karabinis v Bendrups & Ors  VSCA 124.
- Acting in the AAT throughout Australia representing leading self-insurers in disputes under the Comcare scheme.
- Advising WorkSafe and the Victorian Government in a joint project drafting comprehensive new workers compensation legislation.
- Providing advice in relation to a large tender process, and ongoing advice in relation to contractual and scheme management issues.
- Acting in the Supreme Court and VCAT in OH&S enforcement litigation.
- Recipient of the WorkSafe Legal Panel scholarship award.
- Attended the London School of Economics to complete further education in negotiation.