My clients call on me for advice on all aspects of the employment relationship, including day-to-day issues such as performance management, change management and termination, as well as discrimination, privacy, industrial relations, and workplace health and safety.
More specifically, I deal with senior executives, post-employment restraints, corporate transactions and corporate governance, particularly in the field of remuneration and Australia’s ‘golden handshake’ regime.
I especially enjoy drawing on my overseas experience to explain Australian concepts in a way that makes sense to our foreign clients.
- Defended unfair dismissal, adverse action, breach of contract, misrepresentation and discrimination claims
- Helped clients enforce post-employment restraints and confidentiality obligations, by way of injunctions and damages
- Acted as employment counsel on many leading corporate transactions for Australian and overseas clients, including IAG Limited’s acquisition of the Wesfarmers insurance business, and the sale of Lloyds Banking Group’s Australian asset finance business to Westpac Banking Corporation
- Assisted with CEO and other senior executive onboarding and exits at many of Australia’s largest listed companies
- Worked with MinterEllison’s Remuneration Governance and Tax teams to provide a ‘one-stop shop’ for clients’ remuneration and incentive needs
- Advised American Express, BlackRock, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Challenger, Grant Thornton, IAG Limited, LinkedIn, Pfizer, Qantas, Swiss Re and 20th Century Fox
- Provided significant pro bono advice and support for the LGBTI community, including as client relationship partner for and adviser to the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and Australians for Equality
- Delivered annual training to Europe-based human resources professionals to help them support their Australian operations