Prior to joining MinterEllison, I was General Counsel and Company Secretary with Springfield Land Corporation, the developer of Australia’s largest master planned community. I have also worked in house in government. This experience, together with my experience as an external legal advisor, places me in a unique position to ensure that my clients receive effective, timely and commercially astute advice.
- A longstanding suite of leading clients in the infrastructure, resources and property sectors that include the Queensland Government, Anglo American, the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association, Springfield Land Corporation and Lendlease.
- In 2016, appointed by the Queensland Government to the expert panel working to protect koalas in Queensland.
- Independent recognition of my legal expertise, being named as one of Australia's top lawyers in the respected Australian Corporate Lawyers Association's Legal Department Benchmarking Report; ‘very highly regarded’ in Asia Pacific Legal 500; and Recommended, Real Property Law (Best Lawyers Australia, 2016).
- Ports and other asset sales: Advised the Queensland, Victorian, New South Wales, Northern Territory and Western Australian governments on environment and planning issues associated with the sales of the ports of Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, Darwin, Fremantle, and Utah Point, and advised the Queensland government on the proposed electricity industry long term leases in 2014-5.
- Market led proposals: Advising the Queensland Government on significant market led proposals (MLPs) - Logan Motorway, Mt Cotton Driver Training Centre, and Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal.
- Environmental offsets: Advising both public and private sector players (in the resources and property industries) in the fledgling offsets market about how to structure environmental offsets to achieve commercially sustainable deals with positive environmental outcomes.
- Infrastructure agreements: Advising government and property developers such as Springfield, Lendlease, the Royal National and Agricultural Association, Frasers, Aveo, Peet, Mirvac and Pacific International Development Corporation on these critical ‘foundation’ documents for greenfield/infill developments.