I draw on more than 25 years of experience to work with my clients to set their projects up for success. My range of experience through the entire life cycle of projects means I am well placed to provide strategic advice at the outset to assist my clients to manage the risks associated with construction and operation of major assets.
I am known for being collaborative, pragmatic and 'easy to work with', and I enjoy working with the broader teams within MinterEllison and our clients, to bring the right experience to achieve positive outcomes for our clients. My experience extends to all delivery models across the entire spectrum from collaborative contracting, including significant experience with alliances, to hard dollar contracts.
Always seeking to achieve the most efficient outcome, I collaborate with clients to develop strategic major contract suites that allow entire projects and supply chains to manage risk and operate cost-effectively.
- Hydrogen – Advising Stanwell Corporation in relation to the CQ-H2: Central Queensland Renewable Hydrogen Project, which has commenced Front End Engineering and Design.
- Mine and Mine Infrastructure Development – Supported clients such as Anglo American; Red 5 Limited, Rio Tinto, Eagle Downs Coal Management, Vale Australia Pty Ltd, Lynas Corporation and Lepidico in the development and expansion of the Grosvenor, Lake Lindsay, Dawson, Amrun and Eagle Downs mines, worth a combined value in excess of $6.4 billion and mine infrastructure including processing facilities.
- Water Infrastructure – Advised Gladstone Area Water Board, Seqwater and Coordinator-General in the preparation of project documentation for significant water infrastructure projects including the Curtis Island Infrastructure Project; Gladstone to Fitzroy Pipeline; Somerset Dam Hydroelectric facilities; and $2.5bn Western Corridor Recycled Water Project.
- Queensland Rail – Prepared and negotiated the project alliance agreement for the CoalConnect Alliance, which delivered the $2 billion Goonyella to Abbot Point Expansion Project.
- Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation – Acted on the procurement and delivery of design and construction works as well as the arrangements for repair and maintenance of venues during the critical 'games period'.
- Commercial and Residential Property Development – Supported various property developers, including Lendlease Retirement Living, Springfield City Group and Frasers Property Australia Pty Ltd, with delivery of landmark developments.
- Mining Services Arrangements – Acted for clients including Anglo American, Stanmore Coal Limited, Stanwell Corporation and Baralaba Coal Limited to prepare and negotiate Mining Services Agreements for the Dawson, Lake Lindsay, Oak Park, Isaac Plains and Meandu mines.
- Strategic and Project Procurement Suites – Developed strategic procurement suites for clients including Queensland Rail, Anglo American, Stanmore Resources, Stanwell Corporation, Brisbane City Council, Ergon Energy, Peabody Energy, Queensland Rail, Seqwater, Frasers Property and Springfield City Group.
Awards and recognition
- Lawyer of the Year, Water Law (Brisbane) – Best Lawyers: 2022
- Leading Individual, Construction and Infrastructure - Chambers Asia Pacific: 2014 – 2020
- Recommended, Construction and Infrastructure – Best Lawyers: since 2013
- Recommended, Water Law – Best Lawyers: since 2018
- Recommended, Front End Construction & Infrastructure – Doyle's Guide – since 2016
- Recommended, Construction & Infrastructure Litigation – Doyle's Guide 2016 – 2020
- Leading Lawyer, Construction - Euromoney Expert Guide: 2017 - 2018