My range of experience through the entire life cycle of a project means I am well placed to provide strategic advice at the outset to assist my clients to manage the risks associated with construction and operation of major assets.
Always seeking to achieve the most efficient outcome, I collaborate with clients to develop strategic major contract suites that allow entire projects and supply chains to operate cost-effectively.
- AngloAmerican; Rio Tinto; Eagle Downs Coal Management – supported our clients with the development and expansion of the Grosvenor, Lake Lindsay, Dawson, Amrun and Eagle Downs mines, worth a combined value in excess of $6.4 billion
- Anglo American; Stanmore Coal Limited; Stanwell Corporation – prepared and negotiated Mining Services Agreements for the Dawson, Lake Lindsay, Oak Park, Isaac Plains and Meandu mines
- Gladstone Area Water Board; Seqwater and Coordinator-General - advised in relation to significant water infrastructure projects including the Curtis Island Infrastructure Project; Gladstone to Fitzroy pipeline; Somerset Dam Hydroelectric facilities; and $2.5bn Western Corridor Recycled Water Project
- Queensland Rail – prepared and negotiated the project alliance agreement for the CoalConnect Alliance, which delivered the $2 billion Goonyella to Abbot Point Expansion Project
- Anglo American – worked on the strategy to achieve more than US$1 billion in savings by streamlining its global supply chain, which included setting up standard procurement processes, documents and contracts to use in multiple jurisdictions worldwide
- Supported various property developers, including Springfield Land Corporation and Frasers Property Australia Pty Ltd, with delivery of landmark developments
- Management of complex disputes arising from the Curtis Island Infrastructure Project, which included adjudication, arbitration, expert determination and litigation
- Ranked in independent guides as a leading individual in construction and infrastructure law (Chambers Asia-Pacific from 2014 to 2017; Best Lawyers from 2013 to 2017; and the 2017 edition of Euromoney Expert Guide)