I was formerly a senior lawyer at the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), giving me a practical insight into the operations and attitudes of this crucial regulator.
My goal is to understand my clients and to deliver practical solutions to complex problems involving government and regulation. I pride myself on being accessible and easy to work with.
I am particularly interested in the growth of regulation in areas that are increasingly important to the economy and the lives of Australians, especially energy, transport, agriculture and communications.
- Vocus Communications – acted in obtaining ACCC clearance for its $4 billion merger with M2 Group, creating the fourth largest telecommunications service provider in Australia
- Optus – acted in obtaining ACCC authorisation for the sale of its hybrid fibre coaxial network to NBN Co Limited
- Anglo American – acted in obtaining ACCC clearance for the sale of its Moly-Cop grinding media business to OneSteel for US$932 million
- Ergon Energy ¬– advised on its 2010 and 2015 Australian Energy Regulator revenue determinations under the National Electricity Rules
- Stanwell Corporation – successfully defended Federal Court proceedings brought by the Australian Energy Regulator relating to generator rebidding under the National Electricity Rules
- Wellington Electricity – represented the company in the High Court of New Zealand in its appeal against electricity input methodologies determined by the New Zealand Commerce Commission
- BG Group – acted in obtaining the first 15-year no-coverage exemption for the Queensland Curtis LNG Pipeline
- Wilmar Sugar – represented the company in disputes about raw sugar marketing under the Sugar Industry Act 1999 (Qld)
- Queensland Competition Authority – advised on its declaration inquiry relating to the motor vehicle import terminal at the Port of Brisbane
- Queensland Treasury – advised on regulatory and competition issues associated with the privatisation of the Port of Brisbane