My practice covers the full range of workplace matters, including industrial and employment claims, workforce change projects, enterprise bargaining, restraint of trade, workplace safety risks and discrimination claims.
I have helped some of Australia’s most significant employers navigate complex workplace projects, litigation and other legal issues, drawing on my deep experience in workplace law.
- Victorian Government – acted in proceedings relating to the terms and conditions of employment for 36,000 public service workers in 11 departments and 20 agencies
- Swinburne University; Victorian Government – provided strategic advice and litigation expertise to bring an end to protected industrial action
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited – advised on available options to avoid protected industrial action at Port Hedland, which would have stopped all iron ore exports from the port
- IBM – advised on workplace change, transfer of business and enterprise bargaining for 20 years, including managing litigation and risk relating to senior executive adverse action claims, and claims affecting IBM’s global bonus scheme
- Crown Resorts – helped Crown in relation to sensitive employment issues and executive departures
- Swinburne University – advised on significant workplace change initiatives achieved through enterprise bargaining, and helped develop strategies to secure approvals for enterprise agreements and resist union-led industrial action
- Arnotts/Campbells – advising on enterprise bargaining issues and conduct
- Minister for Employment and Workplace Relations – represented the minister in a series of high-profile cases that successfully challenged union attempts to impose bargaining fees on non-union members
- AIA Australia; Carlton & United Breweries; IAG Limited; Victoria Police – helped establish workplace investigation protocols, and advised on investigation outcomes
- AusNet – advising on industrial action issues and strategies
- Essendon Football Club – advised the club on corporate governance and conducted employment litigation for the club in the aftermath of its supplements program
- Barwon Water; IBM; Telstra; Thiess – provided strategic advice on workplace health and safety issues, risks and compliance