I have considerable experience managing day-to-day workforce issues as well as major employment and industrial litigation. I take a strategic approach to working with clients, and am known for providing prompt and pragmatic advice. No matter how small or large the issue, my approach is always to consider the bigger workforce management picture.
My specialities include:
Advising on the implementation of workforce change
Advising in relation to enterprise bargaining and industrial disputes
Representing employers in workplace relations tribunals and courts
Assisting employers with their day to day workplace relations issues including employee misconduct and poor performance
Defending discrimination claims
Dealing with workplace safety issues including defending safety prosecutions
Advising on corporate governance including executive remuneration and termination benefits.
- Achieving outstanding results for clients in enterprise bargaining and other industrial disputes, the largest of which was the ‘Pluto’ dispute involving more than 1,200 striking construction workers on an oil and gas project
- Defending a number of groundbreaking claims in the areas of equal employment opportunity, discrimination and harassment
- Advising boards of listed companies on executive remuneration and compliance
- Counseling statutory authorities, electricity corporations and universities on IR issues
- Assisting with front-end safety advice and prosecutions, particularly in the area of electrical safety
- My ranking in Doyles Guide 2017 as a preeminent employment lawyer (employer representation) and leading workplace health & safety lawyer
- My appointment as a non-executive director to the board of the Eye Hospital Foundation, and as a member of the School of Business and Law Advisory Board at Edith Cowan University.