My practice assists clients to achieve optimal commercial outcomes, drawing on my expertise in mining, mergers and acquisitions, Aboriginal land law, public–private partnerships, company and trust law, and infrastructure and major projects.
I have advised governments on privatisations, procurement initiatives and property developments. I have also managed remote and Aboriginal land tenure issues on significant projects, including those involving infrastructure and housing.
- Northern Territory Government – served as the lead adviser on the procurement of a C$250 million six-star luxury hotel, which involved assisting with the expression of interest (EOI) and request for proposal (RFP) phases; drafting transaction documents; working with the evaluation committee, steering committee and Cabinet; and conducting negotiations with the preferred proponent
- Northern Territory Government – acted as the co-lead adviser on the procurement of a C$100 million ship lift and marine industries park, which involved assisting with the EOI and RFP phases; working with the financial adviser to settle the information memorandum; drafting transaction documents; working with the evaluation committee, steering committee and Cabinet; and conducting negotiations with the preferred proponent
- Northern Territory Government – served as the co-lead adviser on the $506 million divestment of the Port of Darwin, including assisting with vendor due diligence and the information memorandum; drafting project documents; working with the Office of Parliamentary Counsel to draft enabling legislation and ongoing operational legislation; liaising with the Foreign Investment Review Board; reviewing bids; and negotiating project documents
- Darwin International Airport – provided guidance on many developments, including the creation of the first property trust on an Australian airport, the development of new fuel storage facilities, and multiple commercial projects
- Northern Territory Government – acted as the lead adviser on the Strategic Indigenous Housing and Infrastructure Program – one of the most complex initiatives ever undertaken by the government – providing strategic input into the construction of urban public housing in remote communities, and negotiating with the private sector and senior government officials
- The owners of Crocosaurus Cove – advised on all stages of development for this Darwin tourist attraction, including planning, financing, procurement, licensing, construction and risk management, and the transfer of Crown land to freehold land
- Australian Pipeline Trust – assisted the owners and operators of the Bonaparte Gas Pipeline, including negotiating long-term leases of Aboriginal land and Indigenous land use agreements with the Northern Land Council; assisting with the selection of contractors; and advising on construction issues, land tenure issues, corporate structuring and risk analysis
- Recommended in Best Lawyers in the Commercial Law (2011–17), Corporate and Governance (2013–17), and Government (2013–17) categories