I work on all projects that have a delivery aspect, advising on structuring, risk allocation, strategy, and preparing and negotiating documents. This includes everything from simple consultancy agreements through to complex project delivery agreements, the suite of construction agreements and intricate public–private partnership (PPP) documentation.
Clients come to me when they want to deliver high-profile and complex infrastructure and procurement projects, or large-scale commercial and residential developments.
- Transport for NSW – acted on the $2.3 billion New Intercity Fleet project to procure 55.5 new trains and construct associated maintenance facilities, including leading negotiations with shortlisted bidders in the interactive tender process, advising on the legislative framework governing the state’s procurement process, managing project structuring and probity, and drafting project documentation
- Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) – advised on the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan to support an integrated transport solution for the region, including advising on requests for tender, drafting project documentation and advising on risk
- RMS – acted on the staged Northern Beaches Hospital Road Connectivity and Network Enhancement Project, which included an interactive tender process and accelerated tender evaluation
- RMS – advised on the Pacific Highway and Princes Highway upgrades, reviewing and advising on the registration of interest and tender evaluation guidelines as well as the request for proposal and tender clarifications, assisting with the interactive tendering process, amending the design and construction project deed through to execution, and preparing contract administration tools after execution
- Acted on various PPP road projects for consortiums and subcontractors, including the Aru Pūhoi to Warkworth PPP (New Zealand), Toowoomba Second Range Crossing PPP (Queensland), East West Link PPP (Victoria), Lane Cove Tunnel PPP (NSW), Western Sydney Orbital (M7) PPP (NSW) and Cross City Tunnel (NSW)
- Acted on several social PPPs, including the first fully outsourced, operator-led PPP on the New Grafton Correctional Centre (NSW), the University of Canberra Hospital PPP (ACT), the New Perth Stadium PPP (Western Australia), the Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Centre PPP (NSW), the Sunshine Coast University Hospital PPP (Queensland), the Eastern Goldfields Regional Prison PPP (Western Australia) and the Mundaring Water Treatment Plant PPP (Western Australia)
- Advised organisations such as Frasers Property Australia, Multiplex, the RMS and UrbanGrowth NSW on a variety of urban renewal projects, including projects at King Street Wharf, Discovery Point, Clemton Park, Wentworth Point and White Bay
- Worked on multiple Sydney-based commercial developments and agreements for lease for parties such as AMP and State Street Australia Limited, including 33 Alfred Street, 190–200 George Street, Rozelle Bay, Mid City Centre, and the Macquarie Bank and American Express buildings at King Street Wharf