My direct industry experience provides me with an intimate understanding of emerging trends, key drivers of government policy, and day-to-day issues facing operators of health, aged care and retirement village operations. My clients range from not-for-profit and charitable organisations to insurers and public and private healthcare operators.
I am regarded as an expert in aged care and regularly speak at industry events and to boards of both listed and not-for-profit providers.
- Seconded to Queensland Health during the Queensland Public Hospitals Commission of Inquiry, working closely with staff across several districts and providing on-the-ground legal advice to staff required to appear before the Inquiry
- Engaged to act on behalf of three Queensland Health employees in the Queensland Health Payroll System Commission of Inquiry
- Conducted many complex medico-legal claims, including trials, coronial inquests and prosecutions in the Supreme Court and District Court of Queensland
- Coordinated and advised on state-wide patient recalls following the failure of medical devices and the use of equipment exposing patients to infection risks, as well as Therapeutic Goods Administration recalls
- Acted for a medical products manufacturer in high-profile class action litigation
- Listed in the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers for Medical Negligence