Every day throws up a different issue. It could involve providing around-the-clock pre publication advice to mainstream and online media; advising corporate and government clients on reputational issues; or managing threats of litigation from some of the best lawyers in the country, as well as the litigation itself. In each case, I always aim to minimise the damage clients are exposed to.
It is a privilege to be involved in many of the high-profile stories that break daily. Increasingly, social media issues are becoming central – and time is of the essence.
- Chair, International Bar Association (IBA), Legal Practice Division
- Past Chair IBA Strategy Working Group, Projects Committee and IBA Treasurer
- Past Chair, MinterEllison
- One of Australia’s leading Media and Communications law experts. Ranked “Star Individual“ in the TMT Media category by Chambers Global , the only Australian to receive the top ranking in that category
- Heading the defence team in the Ben Roberts-Smith Libel case , dubbed by the Australian Media as the “Defamation Trial of the Century,”
- A candidate for the position of the next Secretary General of the IBA
- Had our team ranked Tier 1 in every international directory
- Acting for leading mainstream and online publishers in Australia and internationally, including defending defamation cases for Fairfax Media Limited and the Nine Network
- Represented many Government Departments, public servants and politicians, when threatened with defamation actions
- Domain – defended claims of misleading and deceptive conduct brought by realestate.com.au
- Qantas Group – worked on a large volume of deep vein thrombosis cases against the airline in the highest courts in Australia, the UK, and the US.
- Served on the MinterEllison Board for more than 20 years and was elected Chair
- Chaired and served on many boards related to government and the media including Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre Trust, State Sports Centres Trust and Melbourne Recital Centre Board
- Currently serving as Chair of the Legal Practice Division of the International Bar Association, overseeing over 100 Business related Committees.