I specialise in large mergers and acquisitions, for a diverse range of financial institutions and corporate clients with a particular sector focus on real estate and financial services, as well as retirement and aged care.
I am one of the firm's leading foreign investment specialists regularly advising on the regulatory framework in Australia, as well as acting for European governments on the post-GFC effects on European financial institution activities in Australia.
I am dedicated to providing service excellence, with a focus on solutions and seamless deal execution.
- I have regularly advised global financial institutions on high profile competitive sales processes in the financial services sector, including as lead Partner advising Lloyds Banking Group on the sale of its Australian operations to Westpac for the enterprise value of approximately $9bn.
- Lead Partner advising on M&A and corporate matters for financial institutions, including leading numerous competitive sales processes for financial assets, distressed debt portfolios and mortgage portfolios.
- Lead Partner advising on numerous real estate M&A transactions including hotel portfolios, residential and retail developments, PPPs and joint ventures.
- Lead Partner advising retirement village and aged care industry players on numerous M&A transactions, restructures and joint ventures.
- My experience includes acting for clients such as Macquarie, Challenger, HCF, Iron Mountain, Suncorp, American Express, RBS, Lloyds Banking Group, Brookfield, CBA, Mirvac, Centuria, Ingenia, Payce Consolidated, Belfinger Berger and many others.
Insights / articles
- Pregnancy no obstacle to career ambitions – Gender diversity (Australian Financial Review, 07/07/17)
- Chinese companies set to make diversified Australian acquisitions in 2017; real estate on the wane (Mergermarket, 28/04/17)
- ANZ reshapes with $4.5b wealth auction (Australian Financial Review, 05/04/17)
- ANZ wealth retreat a sign of the times (Financial Observer, 05/04/17)
- Super fund private equity demand growing (Financial Standard, 05/04/17)
- Private equity, capital flows bolster local 2017 M&A prospects (Australian Financial Review, 20/06/17)
- Asian Banks lending more in Australia (Australian Financial Review, 04/04/2016)
- Flexible-time partner says presenteeism is a thing of the past (Australian Financial Review, 16/10/15
- Women who are lawyers seem still cast as women lawyers (Australian Financial Review, (01/05/15)
- International Justice Fund pursues $40 million IPO (Australian Financial Review, (31/03/15)