I am recognised in the Best Lawyers in Australia for “Real Property Law” (2021 edition), Who’s Who Legal for “Hospitality” (2021 edition) and am on the Property Council of Australia's NSW Hotels Committee and the Committee for Sydney’s Sydney Visitor Recovery Taskforce.
Possessing significant expertise in the hotels & leisure industry, I have advised on numerous hotel and leisure sales and disposals and have negotiated hotel management agreements, hotel leases and franchise agreements with international and domestic hotel companies including Accor, BestWestern, IHG, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Radisson and Veriu for hotel and resort projects throughout Australia, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, UK and Europe.
I am dedicated to providing clients with commercial and accurate advice, as well as helping them execute their deals.
- Salter Brothers - acted on the acquisition of the Next Hotel Brisbane, the Watermark (voco) Gold Coast and Brisbane hotels, the development and hotel management agreements for the Holiday Inn Express Canberra and voco Gold Coast and advising on other hotel development projects, capital transactions and hotel management agreement arrangements for the Salter Brothers hotel portfolio throughout Australia.
- Sydney Metro Overstation Development Consortiums - advised John Holland and another consortium in relation to the Waterloo and Pitt Street Sydney Metro overstation developments.
- Qantas – acted on the disposal of its Australian catering business to dnata, a subsidiary of Emirates.
- Crown Resorts - negotiated the development and long-term leasehold arrangements for the six-star Crown Sydney integrated hotel resort with the (former) Barangaroo Delivery Authority and Lendlease.
- Daisho - advised on the turnkey acquisition of the W Melbourne, forming part of Cbus’s Collins Arch development, and negotiated the hotel management agreement arrangements with Marriott for the W Melbourne.
- GIC - advised on its separate disposals of the Westin Sydney, Shangri-La Hotel Sydney and Park Hyatt Melbourne hotels.
- Seconded to an international hotel operator, advising on joint venture, lease, development, hotel management agreement and operational arrangements for hotel and resort projects throughout the Asia-Pacific and Middle East.