I take pride in developing trusted relationships with clients – delivering service which displays technical excellence with a pragmatic focus. I am committed to achieving practical, commercial solutions for clients, including by utilising alternative dispute resolution strategies to achieve commercial outcomes at an early stage.
- Financial litigation: acting on behalf of financial institutions in a broad range of customer disputes.
- Retail collections: acting on behalf of financial institutions in retail collections recoveries, including managing complex and sensitive customer disputes.
- AFCA complaints: advising in relation to AFCA complaints, including drafting submissions and preparing for conciliation conferences.
- Insolvency: acting on behalf of financiers and insolvency practitioners in various receiverships, administrations, liquidations and security enforcement matters.
- Expertise in general commercial litigation across a range of different industries.
- Managing a high volume of contentious financial litigation matters.
- Successfully defending financial institutions against allegations of misconduct.
- Acting in complex insolvency matters involving the construction of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) with respect to competing priority issues.
- Assisting higher education and vocational education and training providers in regulatory compliance matters;
- Significant community investment and pro bono work, including acting in a number of elder abuse matters for disadvantaged individuals and providing pro bono legal advice in the Homeless Persons Legal Clinic and QCAT Self-Representation Service.