I am a Special Counsel in MinterEllison's Workplace team with over 15 years' experience. I work across a broad range of industries and provide practical commercial advice to employers on all aspects of the employment relationship, including termination of employment, unfair and unlawful dismissal claims, workplace disputes, discrimination, employee misconduct, performance management and contractual matters.
- Advising numerous publicly listed and unlisted companies on the separation of their CEOs/Managing Directors, including advice on the 'golden handshake' restrictions on termination benefits under the Corporations Act, advising on strategy and drafting relevant documentation.
- Representing AustralianSuper in relation to a high-profile general protections claim in the Federal Court of Australia involving a senior executive who alleged he was demoted and dismissed as a result of complaints he made about his employment.
- Advising the administrators of the Coomboona Group of companies in relation to underpayment claims by a large number of former employees of Goulburn Valley Dairies.
- Advising Victorian Radio Network in relation to a high-profile contractual dispute involving David Schwartz and Mark Allen, two former presenters on radio station SEN.
- Providing advice to Deakin University in relation to the management of complex ill and injured employee matters.
- Undertaking due diligence and advising MAP Capital on the employment aspects of its acquisition of the IHG Hotel portfolio, including the InterContinental Melbourne, Crowne Plaza Melbourne, Crowne Plaza Coogee, Crowne Plaza Canberra and Holiday Inn Potts Point.
- Drafting presenter contracts for Victorian Radio Network in relation to its morning show presenters on radio station SEN.
- Advising Victoria Police in relation to its establishment of OneLink in response to recommendations of the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission in its Independent Review into sex discrimination and sexual harassment, including predatory behaviour, in Victoria Police.