Matching our staff giving
Everyone at Minter Ellison is encouraged to donate to charity through the firm's matched workplace giving program, MatchME. The program is simple and effective – it supports fourteen charities, selected by our staff, that reflect the priority areas of our Pro Bono & Community Investment Program.
Our key focus areas are disadvantaged youth, homelessness, alleviation of poverty, and access to justice.
Staff authorise regular donations for nominated charities to be deducted from their salary and every donation is matched dollar-for-dollar by the firm.
We are proud to support the following organisations through MatchME:
- Café One on Wickham – site of our Homeless Persons Legal Clinic in Brisbane
- Come in Youth Resource Centre – counselling service for young people in inner Sydney
- Cross Roads Foundation, Hong Kong - distribution of goods to countries in need
- Emerald Hill Mission – volunteer-based provider of food and material support in inner Melbourne
- Evolve – wilderness-based programs for young people in Queensland and Victoria
- Fresh Fish Traders' School, Hong Kong - primary school for underprivileged children in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Breast Cancer Association
- Hope Street Urban Compassion – support service for homeless people in inner Sydney
- Kids Help Line – national telephone counselling service for children and young people
- Lighthouse Foundation – accommodation and support services for young people in Melbourne and regional Victoria
- Queensland Advocacy Inc – advocacy service for the rights of people with disability
- St Vincent de Paul Society in Canberra and Goulburn
- Sunbeam Children's Foundation - Orphanage in Guangzhou, China
- The Salvation Army
- Whitelion – reconnecting disadvantaged young people with the community
- World Vision in Australia and Hong Kong