Max’s practice combines the unusual mix of both:
a) transactional work (purchases and sales); and
b) development work (building and centre builds and refurbishments); and
c) complex, standard and stream lease work,
in each of the commercial, retail and industrial sectors.
Max has a national reputation for the capable handling of large portfolios and his clients include AMP, ANZ, Brookfield, CBA, Challenger, Charter Hall, Dexus, GPT, Lendlease, Pacific, QIC and Vicinity Centres.
Max has established many suites of national precedent documents and was the author of the first truly national retail lease.
Document suites drafted by Max include suites for ANZ, Brookfield, CBA, Challenger, Charter Hall, Dexus, GPT, IAG, Lendlease, MAB, Pacific, QIC and Vicinity Centres.
Max has been involved in the purchase, sale and transfer of many of Victoria’s principal properties and retail centres, including:
- 101, 167-173, 175-177, 294-296, 303, 333, 350, 356, 411, 425, 459, 500, 530, 655, 700 and 720-750 Collins Street;
- 546-560, and 628 and 750 Bourke Street; 15 and 163-185 William Street; 55 and 397-405 King Street;
- 20-26, 43-51,103 and 191 Queen Street;
- 172-192 and 452 Flinders Street; 189-195 Flinders Lane;
- 409, 417, 441, 457, 469, 484, 509, 580, 601 and 615 and 636 St Kilda Road; and
- Queen Victoria Hospital; Coles Group Limited headquarters; Eastland Shopping Centre; Dandenong and Greensborough Plazas; Knox City Shopping Centre; Stud Park Shopping Centre; Forest Hill Shopping Centre; Karrinyup Shopping Centre; Mornington Village Shopping Centre; Quayside Balmoral Shopping Centre; QV Melbourne; Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre and the iconic Queen Victoria Complex.
- Max is a regular speaker for the Property Council of Australia on lease and related issues.
- Max regularly chairs industry conferences including for Legalwise.
- Max is the author of the MinterEllison retail legislation compendium which is now entering its 7th edition.