I have led the legal teams for many of Australia’s most prominent government asset restructures and privatisations. I enjoy working with teams on large and complex deals that have a positive lasting impact on the economy and allow me to build lasting relationships with clients and other advisers.
In addition to transactional work, I have a deep interest in the operation and regulation of transport, energy, resources and public data assets. These include ports, airports, gas networks, electricity generators, electricity distribution networks, and public title registries.
- $2.85 billion commercialisation of the Land Use Victoria titles registry: co- led the legal team advising the Victorian Government
- $1 billion Galilee Basin Rail Project: currently leading the legal team advising the Queensland Government on this project to link the Galilee Basin to Queensland's ports
- Proposed $1 billion commercialisation of NSW softwood plantations: led the legal team advising the NSW Government on the scoping study and planning for this proposal
- $9.8 billion privatisation of Port of Melbourne: co-led the legal team advising the Victorian Government
- $20 billion merger of the Queensland electricity networks: led the legal team advising the Queensland Government
- Darling Downs Gas Pipeline Network – advised on a bid to acquire the network
- $6 billion merger of the Queensland State-owned generators: co-led the legal team implementing the merger for Stanwell Corporation and Tarong Energy
- Allgas Gas Network– advised on a bid to acquire the network
- $7 billion Endeavour Energy acquisition – co-led the legal team advising on the successful acquisition of 50.4 per cent of NSW’s electricity distribution business
- $11 billion of capital recycling: led the legal teams advising the respective State and Territory Governments on the successful privatisations of Port Botany, Port Kembla, Port of Newcastle, Port of Darwin, Port of Brisbane and Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal, releasing $11 billion of capital recycling for other public projects
- $1 billion Newcastle Integrated Services Project: advised the New South Wales Government on the successful project to deliver integrated transport services in Newcastle across light rail, buses, ferries and interchanges
- $1.1 billion privatisations of Cairns Airport and Mackay Airport: led the teams advising the Queensland Government on the successful privatisations of Cairns Airport, Mackay Airport and an interest in Brisbane Airport