My strengths are in analysing complex property law issues, as well as marshalling advice from other specialists in the firm – including experts in construction, direct and indirect tax, regulatory and Foreign Investment Review Board matters – in order to provide clients with holistic and practical advice.
With a sensible but commercial attitude, I take pride in my ability to handle significant commercial transactions, including matters that run outside standard corporate property legal work.
- Global Forest Partners LP – acted on all the company’s major acquisitions in Australia between 2014 and 2020, including the acquisition of the Timbercorp, Elders and Willmott Forests hardwood and softwood estates and the Forestry Tasmania and RMS Tasmanian hardwood estates, as well as related port export facilities, in four States
- Qantas Group – advised the airline and its related entities since 2000, including on the successful sale of its Sydney domestic terminal to Sydney Airport Corporation Limited
- Perisher Blue – finalised the consolidation of the Perisher–Smiggins resort lease with the NSW Government
- Carsingha Investments – helped acquire the long-term lease of the Entertainment Quarter from Colonial First State/Novion Property Group
- Rail Infrastructure Corporation and State Rail Authority– helped acquire the Australian Rail Track Corporation’s long-term lease over the entire NSW non metropolitan rail network
- NSW Government – acted on the privatisations of Port Botany, Port Kembla and the Port of Newcastle, including managing the finalisation of all tenure over wetland areas
- Brookfield; IKEA; Local Government Super; Optus; Rabobank; TIAA-CREF; Yancoal, Westpac Banking Corporation – acted on major sale, purchase and leasing matters