Prior to joining MinterEllison, I was General Counsel and Company Secretary of Springfield Land Corporation, the developer of Australia’s largest master planned community. I have also worked in house in local and State government. This experience, together with my experience as an external legal advisor, places me in a unique position to ensure that my clients receive effective, timely and commercially astute advice.
- A longstanding suite of leading clients in the infrastructure, resources and property sectors that include the Queensland Government and other State and Territory governments, Anglo American, the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association, Springfield Land Corporation, Lendlease, Frasers and Queensland Trust for Nature (Landscapes Queensland).
- In 2016, appointed by the Queensland Government to the expert panel working to protect koalas in Queensland.
- Independent recognition of my legal expertise, including being named as one of Australia's top lawyers in the respected Australian Corporate Lawyers Association's Legal Department Benchmarking Report; ‘very highly regarded’ in Asia Pacific Legal 500; listed in Best Lawyers and Chambers.
- Ports and other asset sales - Advised the Queensland, Victorian, New South Wales, Northern Territory and Western Australian governments on environment and planning issues associated with the sales of the ports of Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, Darwin, Fremantle, and Utah Point, and advised the Queensland government on the proposed electricity industry long term leases in 2014-15.
- Market led proposals and business cases - Advising the Queensland Government on significant market led proposals and business cases - Logan Motorway, Mt Cotton Driver Training Centre, the Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal, the expansion of the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre, Cairns Convention Centre expansion and the Toowoomba Hospital relocation.
- Environmental offsets - Advising both public and private sector players in the resources and property industries in the biodiversity offsets market about how to structure environmental offsets to achieve commercially sustainable deals with positive environmental outcomes.
- Infrastructure agreements - Advising government and property developers such as Springfield, Lendlease, the Royal National and Agricultural Association, Frasers, Aveo, Peet, Mirvac and Pacific International Development Corporation on these critical ‘foundation’ documents for greenfield/infill developments, including most recently the Greater Flagstone suite of infrastructure agreements.