My areas of particular interest include energy transition, evolving markets for hydrogen, and sustainable business projects. My longstanding clients include power generators, resource companies, water service providers, service contractors and governments.
As Managing Partner International, I oversee MinterEllison's international markets strategy and its engagement with foreign firms and networks, with a focus on maximising opportunities from the flow of international trade and investment into and across the Asia-Pacific region.
I am also the leader of the firm's Project Solutions Business Unit, which provides specialist transaction and regulatory advice to energy and resource, infrastructure and government clients.
- Long term advisor to government-owned energy business Stanwell Corporation on project developments, major commercial transactions and State government energy sector restructuring transactions.
- Advisor to upstream and wholesale gas market participants on regulatory matters, joint ventures and governance, gas sale and transportation arrangements and service contracts.
- Advisor to the Queensland Government on pipeline, rail and port infrastructure projects in several key State development areas.
- Advisor to several major resource companies on M&A transactions and the development and operation of mining projects, including land access and compensation agreements, rail haulage agreements, port access and handling arrangements, equipment finance and leasing arrangements.
- Advisor to foreign investors on their initial acquisitions and establishment in Australia.
- Member of the Resources Law Committee of the Queensland Law Society and served as Chair of the Water Law Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA) and Education Officer of the council of the IBA Section on Energy, Environment, Resources and Infrastructure Law.
- Director of the Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce.