My areas of particular interest include energy transition, evolving markets for hydrogen and alternatives fuels and sustainable business projects. I advise resource companies, power generators, water service providers, service contractors and governments.
- Long term advisor to Queensland's state-owned generator Stanwell Corporation on all aspects of Stanwell's business including State government-owned generator restructures, asset acquisitions and divestments, project developments, fuel supply arrangements, power purchase agreements, retail contracts, cross-border lease agreements, bulk water supply agreements, energy regulatory matters, major procurement and significant disputes.
- Advisor to an Australian subsidiary of a US based entity on the acquisition of a rail grinding business in Australia.
- Advisor to ConocoPhillips as shareholder and downstream operator of the APLNG Project.
- Advisor to upstream and wholesale gas market participants on regulatory matters, joint ventures, gas sale and transportation arrangements and service contracts.
- Advisor to the Queensland Government on pipeline, rail and port infrastructure projects in several key State development areas.
- Advisor to several major resource companies on the development and operation of mining projects, including land access and compensation agreements, rail haulage agreements, port access and handling arrangements, equipment finance and leasing arrangements.
- Advisor to the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association on legislative developments and policy initiatives.
- Advisor to foreign investors on their initial acquisitions and establishment in Australia.
- An active participant in industry organisations, including the International Bar Association (presently the Education Officer of the council of the Section on Energy, Environment, Resource and Infrastructure Law and formerly the Chair of the Water Law Committee) and the Queensland Law Society Mining and Resources Law Committee.