My client base includes financial institutions, lenders, creditors, insolvency practitioners and corporations. I am described by my clients as ‘a tenacious and knowledgeable litigator’ (The Legal 500 Asia Pacific).
My practice spans workouts and reorganisations; secured and unsecured recoveries; commercial, corporate and contractual disputes; Australian Securities and Investments Commission regulatory investigations; and matters involving the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). I have appeared before the High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia and various state courts, as well as in administrative tribunals and alternative dispute resolution settings.
- John Holland – acted in connection with Federal Court proceedings concerning the failed Airport Link road in Brisbane, including a claim for damages in excess of $2 billion
- Ferrier Hodgson – advised the liquidators of the Australian Institute of Professional Education Pty Ltd (in liquidation), one of Australia’s largest vocational education and training colleges, which involved complex proceedings commenced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- McGrathNicol – worked with the administrators and liquidators of Dick Smith Group
- ANZ, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, HSBC, Lloyds Australia Limited, McGrathNicol, National Australia Bank, Ulster Bank and Westpac Banking Corporation – advised the lender group and subsequent receivers when the Hastie Group, comprising 34 companies and 7,000 employees in Australia, the UK, Northern Ireland and the Middle East, collapsed with debts totalling $950 million
- Ramsay Health Care – successfully obtained a judgment for the client in connection with a significant and protracted commercial dispute, including appeals to the High Court, as well as various Federal Court, Full Court and NSW Supreme Court proceedings
- Singtel Optus Pty Ltd – acted for Optus Mobile, Prepaid Services Pty Ltd and Virgin Australia Airlines in relation to a claim by the liquidators of Bill Express Limited (in liquidation)
- PPB Advisory – assisted the receivers of the Ten Network
- Deloitte – represented the provisional liquidators appointed to nine entities within the Plutus Group of companies, which are at the centre of allegations concerning a significant tax fraud
- Actively contribute to the legal community as a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association and the Turnaround Management Association of Australia