My specialities include professional indemnity litigation, directors and officers liability insurance, medical negligence and, more recently, cyber risk.
I routinely act for company directors, accountants, trustees, real estate valuers, engineers, doctors, architects, stockbrokers and insurance brokers, in all aspects of liability matters. I also have extensive experience acting for both directors and officers and insurers in liability matters.
I regularly advise companies, statutory authorities and board members in relation to their insurance coverage and related issues, including the preparation of deeds of access and indemnity.
- Legal Practitioners Liability Committee: Advised in relation to many professional liability claims against lawyers insured by the Committee especially claims involving property development, construction and planning issues.
- Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA): as one of a small group of solicitors on the legal panel for the medical malpractice and general liability scheme for all of Victoria's public hospitals and community service organisations run by the VMIA. Matters have included numerous inquests and high value claims involving catastrophic birth injuries.
- Miller & Associates: advising an insurance broker, in relation to a claim by a premium funding firm (High Court decision).
- Directors: advising D&O insurers in relation to insider trading offences against insured directors.
- Infrastructure projects: advising corporate and government clients about risk allocation and management and insurance issues
Awards and Recognition
- Leading Individual, Insurance - Chambers Asia Pacific: 2013 – 2018
- Recommended, Insurance - Best Lawyers: 2009 – 2018
- Recommended, Medical Negligence - Best Lawyers: 2012 – 2018