I have considerable experience advising clients about incident response, the management and allocation of contractual risk, reviewing policies and procedures and conducting workplace training regarding health and safety obligations.
I am an experienced member of our administrative law team, having provided advice to a range of government clients about their decision-making processes. I regularly advise Victorian regulators to assist them to discharge their investigation and complaints functions. I also regularly conduct workplace investigations for a range of both private and government clients. I bring to this work specialist technical knowledge about evidence gathering and sensitive witness management, having previously practised as a solicitor-advocate in criminal and regulatory matters.
- I have advised on, and acted for, several large Australian employers in managing and defending enforcement action by work health and safety regulators.
- I have conducted sensitive workplace investigations into inappropriate workplace behaviour for several Australian listed companies.
- I advise the Health Complaints Commissioner in relation to her regulation of general health services.
- I was solicitor with carriage of the City of Melbourne's investigation into allegations of inappropriate workplace behaviour involving the former Lord Mayor.
- I advise the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board in relation to investigations and the conduct of formal hearings.
- I advise the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and national health practitioner boards on investigations, disciplinary referrals to VCAT, applications to review decisions and judicial review applications.