From 2004 to 2013, I managed public sector medical malpractice claims for SA Health. I now assist private hospitals and health professionals in all matters related to clinical practice and conduct. This includes medical malpractice claims and regulatory matters involving the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
I also have extensive experience in health professional disciplinary matters, claims management, clinical risk management and coronial inquests. I have practised widely in these areas in both Australia and England, and regularly present to the health sector on these topics.
- Managed SA Health’s medical malpractice claims management program, including strategic and financial management of the public health sector’s claims portfolio;
- Represented health practitioners registered in South Australia and the Northern Territory on professional issues, especially AHPRA regulations and disciplinary processes;
- Advised private hospital clients on quality and safety structures to comply with state and Commonwealth patient safety legislation;
- Acted as instructing solicitor on a successful appeal in the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal, against a decision of the Psychology Board of Australia;
- Served as a member of the Clinical Risk and Audit Committee of the Women’s and Children’s Health Network in South Australia since 2010.