I have particular expertise in advising employers about how to effectively manage employees who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. I am known for my ability to think laterally and strategically about human behaviour within organisations, and always work with my clients until their issues are fully resolved.
This allows me to focus on achieving their commercial, operational, and workplace cultural objectives in a legally sustainable way.
- Helped several national employers in the resources sector secure favourable enterprise agreements despite considerable industrial opposition, developing tailored industrial strategies, dealing with employees’ representatives, and avoiding industrial action and litigation
- Advised an EPCM contractor on managing its industrial risks with respect to a $1.6 billion mine expansion project
- Advised an engineering company on all aspects of fulfilling its WHS duties regarding its construction of a lithium hydroxide processing plant and mine expansion
- Acted for a grain handling cooperative regarding a high profile dispute with former senior executives about breaches of post-employment restraints
- Represented a dredging company in a long-standing dispute regarding the interpretation of an enterprise agreement applying to the construction of an oil and gas facility, which was resolved favourably for the company without any time lost to industrial action
- Successfully represented a gold mining company as counsel in an unfair dismissal trial brought by a trade union on behalf of my the company's former employee
- Rated as a leading employment lawyer in Doyles Guide