My work includes renewable energy projects, electricity transmission and distribution projects, regulatory and commercial advice, energy market reform, regulatory appeals and trading in wholesale energy markets. I provide energy sector expertise on mergers and acquisition transactions, project financings and electricity and gas dispute resolution processes.
As well as practicing extensively in Australia, I spent six years working in private practice in London. I have also spent time seconded to the legal teams at AGL, DPI (the then Government department responsible for energy policy in Victoria) and the University of Melbourne.
- Advising on a range of renewable energy projects, including offtake (PPA) agreements, grid connections, regulatory compliance, and EPC and O&M arrangements
- Advising a bidder on its proposed acquisition of the £3 billion Thames Tideway Tunnel project in London
- Advising extensively on the Electricity Market Reform project in the UK, including the contracts for difference and capacity market regimes and advising on various reform projects in South Africa, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Malaysia
- Advising on various electricity interconnectors in Europe, including Westernlink, IFA, IFA2, Easternlink, Moyle, the Channel Islands Electricity grid, the UK-Iceland link, NEMO, EWIC and Fab Link
- Advising UKPN on the RIIO-ED1 Price Control
- Advising a UK gas distribution company on the sale of a stake in one of its gas networks for circa £621 million
- Advising a bidder on its circa £1 billion bid for a meter asset provider in the UK