My experience enables me to understand the commercial context in which my clients operate. I have a particular interest in regulatory change and am proud of my ability to quickly understand new laws so I can help my clients adjust as necessary.
I often advise on matters involving new product structuring and formation, investment manager appointments, capital raising, scheme meetings, regulatory applications, merger and acquisition regulatory issues, and specialised products and services.
- Lazard Asset Management – prepared amendments to registered scheme constitutions (in conjunction with tax), and advised on compliance with Australian Securities and Investments Commission class order requirements to enable the schemes to be operated as attribution managed investment trusts
- Various promoters of Singapore real estate investment trusts, including Frasers and Ascendas – helped establish structures through which to invest in an Australian real property portfolio
- Financial advisory clients such as Evans and Partners – provided advice and prepared documentation in relation to the Future of Financial Advice reforms
- Milliman – prepared documents for Milliman to provide investment management services consisting of algorithmic derivatives trading to trustees of managed investment schemes and superannuation funds
- Australian Unity – coordinated the registration and stamping of real property transfers across most Australian states and territories, in connection with change of custodian and sub-trustee arrangements arising out of the acquisition of Investa
- JBWere and National Australia Bank – advised on ongoing business integration issues after Goldman Sachs sold JBWere to National Australia Bank
- Goldman Sachs – provided advice on the migration of clients and products after a major stake in the JBWere private wealth management business was sold to National Australia Bank, and assisted with regulatory aspects of the sale of Invia Custodian Pty Ltd to National Australia Bank
- Great Southern Group – advised receivers and managers appointed to companies in the collapsed Great Southern Group, regarding the managed investment schemes operated by the responsible entity