My present roles include the following:
- Chairman of MinterEllison Gold Coast (Lawyers).
- Chairman of the GoldlinQ Consortium which has delivered and is now operating the $1.5 billion Gold Coast Light Rail project.
- Chairman of the Nexus Infrastructure Consortium constructing and operating the $1.7 billion Second Toowoomba Range Crossing to the West of Brisbane.
- Director of Plenary Schools, a consortium, building and now operating 10 schools in Queensland worth over $500 million.
- Director of the Commonwealth Games Authority delivering the 2018 Commonwealth Games (GOLDOC).
I have also held key roles within the private sector. For many years I was a Director of Seaworld Ltd, the owner of multiple theme parks, and Chairman of the Indy 300 Event Advisory Board. I was also a member of Queensland’s Liquor Appeals Tribunal.
My voluntary community commitments include:
- 16 years as Chairman of the Combined Chamber of Commerce.
- 8 years as Chairman of the City’s Economic Development Board.
- 10 years as the founding Chairman of the Gold Coast Suns establishing the Club and Metricon Stadium. His service was recognised by his appointment as the inaugural life member of the Club.
I have garnered many community and government accolades for my contribution to the law and industry, including Gold Coast Citizen of the Year and was recently awarded the Keys to the City of the Gold Coast for contributing to many years of service.