I have represented clients in all forms of alternative dispute resolution and work with clients to resolve matters on commercially acceptable terms where it is possible to do so. I pride myself on being easy to work with, calm under pressure and responsive to deadlines. I also have a background in media law and defamation, copyright and software licensing matters.
- Wilmar Sugar Australia - achieved a favourable award the first deemed arbitration with sugar growers after controversial amendments to the Sugar Industry Act 1999 (Qld)
- Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal – resolved the largest restitution claim ever filed in the Supreme Court of Queensland (worth more than $400 million with a counterclaim of more than $600 million) in an out-of-court settlement
- Ergon Energy – acted in relation to the company’s 2010–15 and 2015–20 regulatory pricing reset processes, including proceedings in the Australian Competition Tribunal
- Queensland Ballet – contributed to the firm’s partnership with the ballet company, advising on all aspects of corporate governance, contracts, media and intellectual property
- Passionately committed to women in the law, acting as a mentor to junior female lawyers, and previously as President of the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland (2011–2013)