I have represented clients in all forms of alternative dispute resolution and work with government and commercial clients to resolve matters on commercially acceptable terms where it is possible to do so. I pride myself on being easy to work with, calm under pressure and responsive to deadlines. I also have a background in media law and defamation, copyright and software licensing matters.
- Wilmar Sugar Australia - achieved a favourable award the first deemed arbitration with sugar growers after controversial amendments to the Sugar Industry Act 1999 (Qld)
- Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal – resolved the largest restitution claim ever filed in the Supreme Court of Queensland (worth more than $400 million with a counterclaim of more than $600 million) in an out-of-court settlement
- Ergon Energy – acted in relation to the company’s 2010–15 and 2015–20 regulatory pricing reset processes, including proceedings in the Australian Competition Tribunal
- Queensland Ballet – contributed to the firm’s partnership with the ballet company, advising on all aspects of corporate governance, contracts, media and intellectual property
- Passionately committed to women in the law, acting as a mentor to junior female lawyers, and previously as President of the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland (2011–2013)