In recent years, my work has focused on business aggregator clients and infrastructure investors, enabling me to apply my core legal expertise, project management skills and experience in guiding organisations through periods of high growth and change.
I enjoy the challenge of helping companies grow, including advising on expansion plans and acquisition strategies. I also lead a pro bono program that advises charities and not-for-profit organisations on setup, tax structuring and governance issues.
- G8 Education Limited – counselled the company on acquisitions and property management, helping to build more than $1 billion in market capital value
- Jetts Fitness – advised on the company’s expansion, supporting its development from a single franchise to a network of hundreds of franchises around the world
- Australian Football League – assisted with the lease of Metricon Stadium in Carrara, Queensland
- Queensland Airports Limited – counselled on core services, tenants and developments at Gold Coast Airport, Townsville Airport, Mount Isa Airport and Longreach Airport
- Paradise Centre – advised three successive owners of this shopping centre, covering more than a decade
- Australian Industry Trade College – helped develop a strategy to expand the college from a single campus to a multisite campus, enabling its school-based apprenticeship program to reach more communities
- City in the Community; Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Hospital Foundation; Fitzroy River and Coastal Catchments (now Capricornia Catchments); LIVIN – assisted with establishing charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Billabong; National Veterinary Care – advised these Australian Securities Exchange–listed companies on business acquisitions
- Peak bodies and the community – held leadership roles with the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Property Law Council of Australia and Queensland Government Mentoring for Growth program, as well as directorships with the Australian Industry Trade College and Saint Stephen’s College