Key focus areas also include commercial and business transactions, M&A, contracting, procurement and project delivery.
I have a professional interest in corporate governance, governance systems, directors' duties, board and shareholder meetings and privacy law.
I am a clear communicator who seeks pragmatic, effective and commercial solutions to issues.
- Alinta Energy – advised on the closure of the Leigh Creek coal mine and associated railway system.
- Heathgate Resources/Quasar Resources - advised on the development of the Four Mile Uranium Project in South Australia.
- Advised on quarrying operations for extractive minerals.
- Uranium One Group – advised on the development and then sale and joint venture of the Honeymoon uranium project in South Australia.
- Advised on Australian rail and inter-modal freight forwarding operations including the operation of networked railway infrastructure.
- Counselled mining companies and industry service providers on joint ventures, farmins/farmouts, mining services agreements for underground and surface infrastructure projects, mine development and expansion projects, drilling agreements and offtake arrangements.
- Counselled mining, oil and gas companies on, and negotiated, land access and compensation agreements as well as native title mining agreements (for both exploration and production) under native title legislation.
- Advised companies in various industry sectors on privacy law, the Australian Privacy Principles and mandatory data breach notifications under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including conducting privacy enquiries and compliance audits, drafting privacy documents and implementing privacy systems.
- Consistently recognised by Best Lawyers as a leading lawyer in the corporate law, governance, mining, oil, gas, energy, natural resources, transportation and native title categories.
- Recommended by Doyles Guide as one of South Australia’s leading Energy and Resources lawyers.
Author, A Nuclear Future for Australia? The South Australian Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission Releases Final Report, Australian Resources & Energy Law (AMPLA) Journal, ARELJ 35(2), December 2016