Kimberley is a corporate and M&A lawyer specialist focussing on Australian and international private equity transactions. Kimberley brings an exceptional set of commercial and legal skills and deep expertise across multiple regions including Australia, Asia, Europe and the US. She has acted as lead advisor for numerous financial sponsor clients and companies on a broad range of high-profile and complex transactions, particularly in the technology, consumer and healthcare sectors.
Prior to joining MinterEllison, Kimberley was a lead member of the private equity team at 'Magic Circle' law firm Linklaters in London, and also Hong Kong. With an impressive track record spanning both domestic and cross-border PE transactions for some of the firm's largest 'Platinum' sponsor clients, Kimberley brings a wealth of expertise as well as a unique international angle to any deal she acts on. She excels at leading core teams and growing key client and portfolio management relationships.
Kimberley holds a BA in Jurisprudence (Law) from the University of Oxford. She is qualified to practise in both England and Wales and New South Wales (University of Sydney). Kimberley is also an alumnus of the 2020/2021 Linklaters Women's Leadership Programme, designed for the firm's most talented female lawyers globally.
- Goldman Sachs’ private equity arm on the acquisition and carve-out of BAIS division of Lloyd’s Register Group, immediately followed by competitive bolt-on acquisition of HK-headquarted ELEVATE group*
- Carlyle and PAI Partners on consortium acquisition of Theramex, leading global pharmaceuticals and women's healthcare business, from CVC*
- Hg on the acquisition of Combell (Belgium) and subsequent bolt-ons of TransIP (the Netherlands) and Register (Italy) in the same year. The three founder-led digital services businesses have since combined to create a European hosting powerhouse (team.blue)*
- Mayfair Equity Partners on its acquisition of YO! Sushi, and subsequent bolt-ons of leading Canadian (Bento) and US (SnowFox) sushi businesses*
- Hg on a number of continuation fund transactions, including for Access group, FE fundinfo and team.blue*
- PSP on 3 joint venture acquisitions of prime real estate in Paris in 3 months*
- Hg on acquisition of IRIS Software Group, a leading provider of business-critical software, the then second largest ever software buyout in Europe*
- Oaktree Capital on the sale of its majority stake in Solvtrans AS, the world's largest wellboat company for transport of live salmon and trout*
- Standard Chartered Private Equity on the $1.85bn sale of its stake in Eaton Towers Holdings Limited to American Tower Corporation*
* Completed prior to joining MinterEllison