I enjoy a challenge, and take pride in getting favourable and fair results for those I work with. I am passionate about team work and collaboration, encouraging innovation from my team and my clients. I value genuine and authentic relationships, and strive to ensure a happy and healthy workplace.
I have extensive disputes litigation experience in civil jurisdictions, including appearance work and the conduct of cases for trial, inquest and hearing. I provide support and guidance where witness and stakeholder management is required, and work closely with my clients to better understand their business and needs.
My clients, both government and private, benefit from my experience in providing risk management, investigative and crisis advice across a wide range of areas.
- Advising the State of Victoria for more than 6 years, in relation to complex negligence and vicarious liability claims, as well coronial inquests and inquiries.
- Working with schools, faith based organisations and insurers to manage highly sensitive issues including bullying, abuse, assaults and media enquiries.
- Representing a number of clients at significant inquests, including the Bourke Street Massacre Inquest and the Inquest into the Death of Tanya Day (Indigenous death in custody).
- Assisting clients manage highly sensitive and confidential investigations, crisis events, litigation and/or internal reviews.
- Impactful use of alternate dispute resolution – some of my most memorable settlements have occurred on the doorstep of court, or in mediations and settlement conferences.
- Women in Law finalist (Senior Associate of the Year) 2018.
- Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) – Future Women Leaders ABCN Scholarship Foundation Mentor (3+ years).
- Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) – 5+ years facilitating the Empowerment GOALS mentoring program.