I coach clients affected by data breaches in the strategic management of their legal and regulatory obligations. I also regularly present to industry groups on cyber security and privacy developments, and contribute to news and industry publications on these issues.
More broadly, my practice encompasses corporate risk advisory and complex dispute management. I am also an experienced aviation lawyer, having acted in dependency, nervous shock and property recovery claims arising from aviation incidents.
- Provided board-level advice on cyber security and privacy, ranging from cyber resilience planning through to breach coaching and the management of disputes arising from data breaches
- Helped insurers develop products covering cyber security and privacy risks
- Conducted insurance health checks for boards, to assess whether they have in place adequate cover for the risks and exposures faced by their organisation
- Analysed and provided commercial advice on contractual terms, as they relate to indemnities, insurance obligations and limitations of liability
- Acted in complex multimillion-dollar disputes in both Australia and the UK, involving subrogated recoveries for significant property interests, major construction losses and professional indemnity disputes
- Appeared in arbitrations, trials, coronial inquests, mediations and other related forms of alternative dispute resolution
- Managed high-volume claims involving professional indemnity, public liability and product liability, in private practice and as an in-house claims professional with a leading multi-line insurer in the UK
- Counselled solicitor clients in the UK and the US on how aviation laws apply in Australia, and advised on the legal and regulatory framework that applies to aviation incidents