As part of my practice, I enjoy training clients on matters relating to privacy and competition compliance, including contract law and risk mitigation strategies. I am known for providing strategic and practical advice, and for being approachable, commercial and timely in my approach.
- Australian and international businesses – helped draft and negotiate procurement, distribution and technology contracts, including major strategic IT procurement and outsourcing arrangements; software licences and development contracts; and software support and maintenance agreements
- Corporate and local government clients – advised on compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), including compliance training programs and liaising with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Provided guidance on data security and privacy issues, including developing privacy policies and procedures, internal audit checklists and internal data management procedures, in preparation for the new mandatory data breach notification scheme planned to commence in February 2018
- Helped clients identify, protect, commercialise and enforce their valuable intellectual property rights, focusing on national and international trademark registrations, and ongoing brand protection advice and trademark portfolio management
- Advised on numerous sensitive or confidential transactions, regarding risk assessment for proposed mergers and acquisitions in accordance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)