As part of my practice, I enjoy training clients on matters relating to privacy and competition compliance, including contract law and risk mitigation strategies. I am known for providing strategic and practical advice, and for being approachable, commercial and timely in my approach.
- I have acted for the SA Government in relation to a range of major infrastructure and outsourcing projects including:
- the $234 million schools PPP to build two new birth to year 12 schools, as lead partner.
- the outsourcing of Adelaide's train services.
- implementing and operationalising its response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- the $427 million sale to the Tatts Group of the right to operate SA Lotteries.
- the $670 million sale of forward rotations in relation to ForestrySA plantations.
- Australian and international businesses – I have helped draft and negotiate procurement, distribution and technology contracts, including major strategic IT procurement and outsourcing arrangements; software licences and development contracts; and software support and maintenance agreements.
- Corporate and local government clients – I have advised on compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), including advising on and managing several successful authorisation processes on behalf of our clients. My work in this area includes delivery of compliance training programs, advice on application of the Australian Consumer Law, third line forcing and exclusive dealing advice and notifications, and liaising with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Provided advice on data security and privacy issues, including organisational compliance with applicable privacy laws, development of privacy policies, internal audit checklists and internal data management procedures, as well as assisting clients with managing data breach and data security issues under the Privacy Act and EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ongoing management of international portfolio of trademarks, including advising clients across education, manufacturing, retail, tourism and other industries on strategic management of their Australian and international portfolio of trademarks, pre-application advice, registration, commercialisation and enforcement of trademarks and prosecuting successful opposition proceedings.
- Advised on numerous sensitive or confidential transactions, regarding risk assessment for proposed mergers and acquisitions in accordance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- I provide pro bono legal assistance to disadvantaged individuals and charitable organisations through referrals received from Justice Connect and Many Rivers.