I have extensive experience in handling medical negligence claims, incident investigation, risk management, and coronial inquests. I am a member of our National Health Industry Group and have a particular interest in cerebral palsy baby claims, having partially completed a degree in midwifery.
- Acting in the High Court matter of Naxakis v Western General Hospital & Ors.
- Providing ongoing advice to the VMIA on the medical malpractice and general liability scheme for Victoria's public hospitals.
- Providing advice to, and representing, Victorian and interstate private hospitals in a variety of matters including coronial inquests, litigated and non-litigated claims.
- Acting in a number of large negligence actions involving claims made by infants alleging brain damage arising from birth and obstetrical procedures.
- Acting on behalf of medical defendants in conciliations involving the Health Services Commissioner.
Awards and recognition
- Recommended, Medical Negligence - Best Lawyers: 2014- 2018
- Women in Insurance Award of Excellence, 2015