My experience covers a broad range of commercial contentious work, in particular complex commercial disputes in High Court and arbitration, and specialist construction and engineering projects such as power plants, bridges, transport and other infrastructure, often involving issues of design, delay, variations and defects.
I have represented clients in international arbitration proceedings on commercial disputes in jurisdictions including China, Dubai, Hong Kong, France, Singapore, Switzerland and the US, under various international rules.
- Arbitration on numerous construction matters including rehabilitation of water mains across Hong Kong; defective foundation design for the development of 12 residential blocks; defective large-diameter bored piles at an airport railway station; and establishment of a coal-fired power plant in the Americas
- Defended consultant engineers and contractors on alleged regulatory breaches, and in public inquiries
- High Court proceedings relating to wrongful termination of fine wines distributorship agreement involving issues as to alleged breaches of confidence, fiduciary duties and non-compete undertakings
- Arbitration against manufacturer regarding defective mobile phone components under a supply contract
- Arbitration against purchaser of chain store network relating to alleged false warranties under agreement governed by Chinese law
- High Court proceedings for a bank against an issuer of restructured convertible bonds relating to obligations under bank mandate
- Recognised by Chambers Asia-Pacific as a leading individual in Construction, Hong Kong, every year from 2013 to 2018