I specialise in structured transactions, urban renewal, major precinct development and other place making projects. I have a strong understanding of the complexities and commercial drivers of these projects, including the importance of deal structuring and risk assessments at early stages to ensure successful delivery of projects.
I also act on residential developments, including off-the-plan contracts, leasing and the sale and purchase of real property.
- We assist Australian Unity on the redevelopment of the site of the former children's hospital at Herston in Brisbane, where they are creating a $1.1 billion health, aged care, residential and retail precinct.
- Advising Walker Corporation on the $2.4 billion development of Toondah Harbour in Redland Bay, which will include delivery of substantial public realm and community infrastructure, including extensive parkland, ferry and bus terminals, trunk infrastructure and public plazas in addition to significant retail and residential development.
- Advising the State in the development arrangements for the Luggage Point Cruise Ship Terminal. This was the second Market Led Proposal to be approved by the Queensland Government.
- Acting for the RNA in the $3 billion redevelopment of the 22 hectare RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane, which is one the largest urban regeneration projects in Australia.
- Assisting State governments and the private sector with the long-term leasing of significant infrastructure, including acting for State Governments on the leasing of electricity networks and the long-term leasing of Ports.
- Advised landowners in the development of new retirement facilities at Springfield and Taigum. This includes the $1.7 billion development of a 2,500 unit retirement village and aged care facility at Springfield. Once completed this will be the largest seniors living community in Australia.
- Assisting Suncorp to secure a 40,000 square metre commercial office tenancy for its new Queensland headquarters.
- Sovereign wealth fund: Acted for a sovereign wealth fund in its acquisition of a major interest in the $2 billion T1 commercial office tower in Barangaroo.