I provide pragmatic and accessible advice. I am recognised by my clients for providing commercial and innovative ways to manage risk and in providing valuable solutions to strategically manage disputes.
I have represented listed and major private companies and regulators in complex investigations and disputes, including in relation to regulatory compliance, contractual disputes, fraud and restitutionary claims. I act on behalf of financial institutions in litigation associated with all aspects of the provision of financial products and services, including the enforcement of securities, insolvencies, restructuring of unsustainable debt, and scams / fraud.
I have had the conduct of many significant matters in the High Court, Federal Court and various State Courts, at first instance and on appeal.
I contribute significantly to MinterEllison's Community Investment Programs that assist the community in accessing justice, particularly through our pro bono legal advice services. I have a deep speciality in elder abuse matters.
- Leading MinterEllison's Consumer Credit & Retail Collections centre of excellence having represented all major Banks and Queensland regional Banks in a range of disputes and secured and unsecured recoveries.
- Acting on behalf of ASIC in relation to significant and high profile investigations and civil penalty proceedings, including litigation in the Federal Court and High Court.
- Acting on behalf of major financiers advising on a range of remediation projects including concerning debt sales, responsible lending issues, credit limit increases, fees for no-service, and responding to regulator issued systemic breach notices.
- Acting in large scale insolvencies and restructuring across a range of industries including hospitality and tourism, construction, property, health and retail.
- Acting for the State of Queensland in proceedings commenced against IBM Australia Ltd in relation to the Queensland Health Payroll failure.
- Acted for the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services in the 2020 Inquiry into Hotel Quarantine in Victoria.
- Acted in a significant number of matters for victims of family violence and elder abuse, particularly in recovering moneys and establishing property rights.
- Nominated by Doyle's Guide as a 'Best Lawyer' in Insolvency & Reconstruction, and Commercial Litigation, and in AFR's Best Lawyer's list for Insolvency & Reconstruction