My unique experience gives me an in-depth understanding of the real and practical issues relevant to my clients. This allows me to advise on the most efficient way to mitigate relevant project risks.
I also lecture in construction law as well as participate in industry events and academic forums to ensure my clients receive the most current and informed expert advice.
- Brisbane Airport Corporation – assisting with all legal aspects of designing and constructing the $1.4 billion parallel runway
- Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads – drafted standard form contracts used by the department for all transport infrastructure procurement and for outsourcing road asset maintenance to the private sector
- Brisbane Showgrounds – acting as lead construction partner on the $3 billion redevelopment project, over a 15-year period
- Advised on a very significant and complex information technology contract dispute using the Government Information Technology Contracting 5.03 form of contract
- Acted for many contractors in relation to public–private partnerships involving hospitals, rail, roads and schools
- Assisted clients on engineering, procurement and construction contracts, and operation and management contracts, in relation to liquefied natural gas projects, power stations, solar farms and wind farms in Australia and Southeast Asia
- Worked with developers and contractors designing and constructing high-rise residential and commercial buildings, including integrated fit-out arrangements and complicated third party arrangements
- Helped with many types of long-term rolling stock maintenance agreements, rail crossing deeds, rail transport agreements and wagon hire agreements
- Acted for numerous clients in adjudication claims under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld), claims under the Subcontractors’ Charges Act 1974 (Qld) and claims made in the Supreme Court of Queensland, as well as guided clients through many different alternative dispute resolution processes
- Recognised in Best Lawyers as one of Australia’s top lawyers in construction (2012–17), dispute resolution (2016–17), government practice (2017) and transportation (2015–17)
- Ranked by Doyles Guide as a leading Queensland construction lawyer (2012–16) and a pre-eminent Queensland front-end construction lawyer (2017)