I have broad industry experience across the full range of investment funds, investment structures and investment products. My broad Australian and international experience allows me to help clients reach their commercial goals within Australia’s complex framework of financial services and corporations regulations.
Thanks to several years specialising in investment funds and funds management at Clifford Chance and BlackRock in London, I am also able to offer clients international market knowledge and insights.
- Helped Australian and international fund managers of all sizes establish and promote a range of investment funds across all assets classes.
- Guided fund-based and funds management–related merger and acquisition transactions, including acquisitions, disposals and restructures.
- Worked with Australian and international fund managers to implement new regulatory reforms, including those related to product disclosure documents (RG 97), hedge funds (RG 240), custody (RG 133), registering funds (RG 134), attribution managed investment trusts, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act 2010 and the Common Reporting Standard and DDO.
- Helped clients launch new products and distribution channels such as ETFs; credit funds; private equity funds; hedge funds; infrastructure funds; property funds; real estate investment trusts (REITs); active and passive exchange traded funds (ETFs); listed investment companies (LICs); listed investment trusts (LITs); mFunds; and SMAs.
- Worked with and number of international fund managers and financial institutions to establish their Australian businesses and operations and to distribute their products to Australian investors.