Known for my calm demeanour, I aim to achieve optimal negotiated, mediated or litigated outcomes for my clients. I also work closely with senior management in matters of high sensitivity or reputational risk.
I have particular expertise in dealing with complex disputes and complex litigation. It's particularly important in these matters to look at the issues at hand, both in detail and in the larger frame of the dispute, and to consider all options. Client feedback reflects my strategic approach to litigation and my overall commercial approach.
As an expert in real estate issues and disputes, I also regularly advise major national landlords as well as a number of significant tenants.
Complementing my private sector experience, I have acted for government departments and agencies in a wide range of matters and am MinterEllison's Client Relationship Partner for the Victorian Government.
- Acting for a number of financial services institutions in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Crown Melbourne Limited – successfully defended a high-profile claim in the High Court of Australia brought by a prominent figure seeking the return of $40 million – a landmark decision in the area of unconscionable conduct
- Crown Melbourne Limited – successfully represented Crown in a multimillion dollar claim involving collateral contracts and estoppel, ultimately decided in the High Court
- VicRoads - acting for VicRoads in an administrative law challenge relating to Stage 2B of the Western Highway bypass
- EnergyAustralia - Acted in the successful defence of a high profile adverse action claim brought by a former senior executive (Federal Court and Full Federal Court)
- Village Roadshow Limited – highly successful defence and counterclaim in long running proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria involving contractual claims in excess of $200 million
- Port of Melbourne Corporation and a group of its major tenants, including Asciano Limited and DP World Australia Limited – successfully challenged the assessment of the site value of the Port of Melbourne, resulting in a decrease in site value from more than $500 million to approximately $150 million
- Operator of Southern Cross Station – successfully challenged the assessment of the site value of Southern Cross Station
- Other roles: Practice Group Head of MinterEllison’s large Dispute Resolution group in Melbourne, and Chair of the Partnership Selection Committee in Melbourne
Awards and recognition
- Recommended, Alternative Dispute Resolution – Best Lawyers: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Recommended, Litigation – Best Lawyers: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 2017, 2018
- Recommended, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution (Melbourne) – Doyles Guide, 2016
- Finalist in Dispute Resolution category, Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards 2014 (Australasia)